In light of recent, ongoing health concerns regarding the Coronavirus and COVID-19,
Tony’s Place is currently closed.
Services will resume Saturday, April 4th, 2020 from
11 a.m. – 1 p.m. providing limited, immediate needs.
HEALTHY HABITS TO HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19):
· Avoid close contact with others in general by maintaining social distancing
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick, keep your distance from others
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth – Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth
· Cover your mouth and nose: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing to prevent those around you from getting sick
· Clean your hands frequently: Washing your hands often for 20 seconds will help protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 60% Ethyl Alcohol
· Practice other good health habits: Use regular cleaning spray or wipe to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
The outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) may cause anxiety.
If you or someone you know is experiencing stress, anxiety, or other mental health issues related to the Coronavirus situation, HELP IS AVAILABLE TO YOU! To speak with a mental health professional for help dealing with stress, please call the toll-free COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line at 833-986-1919. You can also visit this link for more information on how to cope with this ongoing situation: CLICK HERE
You are not alone, and we are going to get through this together!
COMMUNITY RESOURCES – WHERE TO GO IF YOU FEEL SICK
Caroline Street Clinic: 1934 Caroline – 713-286-6000 (Mon-Thurs. 8am-5pm/Fri 8am- 12pm)
Cathedral Clinic: 1212 Prairie – 713-220-9730 (Mon-Thurs. 8am-5pm/Fri 8am- 12pm)
Star of Hope Men’s Development Center: 1811 Ruiz – 713-226-5426 (Wed 8am – 4:30pm)
Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (LBJ)-: 5656 Kelley – 713-566-5100 24 hours
Ben Taub Hospital: 1504 Taub Loop – 713-873-2000 24 hours
Covenant House: 1111 Lovett Blvd – 713-523-2231 (Ages 18-24)
Star of Hope: 1811 Ruiz St – 713- 227-8900
The Life Center for Homelessness: 4516 Old Yale St – 832-292-3295
COALITION FOR THE HOMELESS – Click to visit their web page
Founded in 1982 and incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in 1988, the mission of Coalition for the Homeless is to lead in the development, advocacy and coordination of community strategies to prevent and end homelessness.
During this difficult time, The Coalition is actively working with local jurisdictions, officials, and offices of emergency management to ensure that the care and treatment of people experiencing homelessness is considered as we respond to this crisis. This includes access to resources for our direct service partners that can help limit the spread of disease as well as treat the disease among populations experiencing homelessness.
Coalition Points of Contact: