As Tony’s Place continues to provide emergency services amidst the concerns of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our members, volunteers and staff is, as always, our number one priority. For additional information and assistance, please call 713-678-0733 or email email@example.com.
Here’s what is happening at our center:
- ONLY open on Saturday from 11 am – 1 pm.
- Providing to-go food, toiletries, and clothing using social distancing guidelines.
- Referring case management services to the Young Adult Resource Center (YARC).
- Members can now join Tony’s Place Info Group on Facebook for direct communication with staff and volunteers.
- Free individual therapy provided through tele-health services.
- Currently not on-boarding new volunteers at this time, however we are accepting contact forms under the Volunteer tab for anyone that would like to begin the process. We will need your help once we resume full services!
- Following CDC recommended sterilization procedures and have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting.
- Established food safety rules while preparing “on the go” bags, always requiring the use of gloves and masks, stricter hand-washing rules, and not preparing items when experiencing illness.
- All staff and volunteers are demonstrating social distancing practices by working 6 feet apart whenever possible.
- Encouraging anyone who feels unwell to stay home.
We are going keep you posted as events unfold, and we hope you will share the word about how we are going above and beyond to care for young adults experiencing homelessness in our community.
We are committed to keeping our doors open and will continue to do so with our donors and supporters by our side. If you are interested in how you can help support our vulnerable population during this time, please visit the Donate tab, or contact MaDonna Land at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information regarding healthy habits to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and what to do if you are sick, please visit the U.S. Center for Disease Control’s website.
If you or someone you know is experiencing stress, anxiety, or other mental health issues related to the Coronavirus situation, please call the toll-free COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line at 833-986-1919, or visit this link for more information on how to cope with your ongoing situation.
During this difficult time, The Coalition for the Homeless is actively working to ensure that the care and treatment of all people experiencing homelessness is considered. For more information, click here to visit their website and to find important points of contact.